- Newborn pattern review project (Rachel O's blog) with comparisons of most of the currently available newborn size range patterns, including OTB shots.
Patterns suitable for newborns can also be found under sized patterns and duo sized patterns.
- Arfy's Newborn Squaretab - free
- Arfy's Universal Newborn Squaretab template - free
- Arfy's NB Serged Fitted - free
- Arfy's NB Serged AIO/AI2 - free
- Arfy's NB/S FOE Cover - free
- Arfy's NB/SM Tuckable cover pattern - free
- Arfy's NB/S fitted - free
- Arfy's preemie pattern for 3 to 4.5lbs - free
- Arfy's preemie pattern for 4.5 to 6.5 lbs - free
- Arfy's newborn prefitted template for prepped prefolds - free
- Darling Diapers Unlimited newborn pattern (PDF) (Darlingdiapers.com) - free
- Baa Baa Baby newborn fitted pattern with snap down umbilical notch (PDF) - free
- Je M’appelle Bébé Preemie Pattern (PDF) - free
- Rocket Bottoms Preemie/XS Pattern - free
- Rocket Bottoms Newborn Diaper Pattern - free
- Little Green Bear PreMe Pattern - free
- Little Starter XXS (PDF) - free
The next patterns are from the Nappy Network, who requests a link back to their site.
- Wee Weka NB/S FOE cover with gussets (PDF) - free
- Shar's newborn pocket with umbilical scoop (PDF) - free
- Shar's newborn pocket for chubby thighs or hip harness (PDF) - free
- Shar's newborn side snap pocket (PDF) - free
- Shar's newborn fitted (PDF) - free
While these tutorials are specific to newborn patterns, the tutorials for each type of diaper also work with the newborn and newborn/small patterns below.